Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Underground Meats: 2012 Weekend Workshops #2 - Bacon
"A new year, a new leaf," right? Well, why not turn this proverbial leaf over with one, two, three or all four of our Weekend Workshops! In these action packed, hands-on courses, the crew at Underground Meats will not only instruct you on how to make some of the yummiest sausages, bacon, rilletes, pates and roasts around, but will also fully expect that you'll roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the mix by cutting, grinding, mixing, stuffing, and tying.
Each workshop session (morning, afternoon) will be limited to just 12 participants, which means you'll also have the opportunity to ask questions, snap some good photos, and really get a handle on the process.
If the instruction and hands-on experience wasn't enough, every participant will also go home with a bunch of product (e.g. 3-4 lbs of Sausage, 3-4 lbs of Bacon, 1-2 lbs Rilletes & Pate, 3-4 lbs Roasts).
Previously, we were offering tickets for workshops at the following prices.
- Regular Tickets: One session for $65. Two for $125. Three for $180. Four for $230
- Student Discount: One session for $58. Two for $112. Three for $162. Four for $207
I have decided to, instead, drop the overall price of the workshops. I'm now using EventBrite to manage sales and I can't do sliding scale pricing.
- Regular Tickets: each session $60
- Student Discount: each session $50
#1 Sausages - January 28th & 29th, 2012 - ALL SAUSAGE SESSIONS SOLD OUT!
- Jan 28th - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
- Jan 29th - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
#2 Bacon - February 25th & 26th, 2012
- Feb 25th - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
- Feb 26th - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
#3 Rilletes & Pate - March 31st & April 1st, 2012
- March 31st - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
- April 1st - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
#4 Roasts - April 28th & 29th, 2012
- April 28th - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
- April 29th - Morning Session: 10am - 1pm | Afternoon Session 3pm - 6pm
Again, if you need any additional service or have questions, don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
E Main St
931 E Main St
The Underground Food Collective
The Underground Food Collective is a cooking collective based in Madison, WI. We have a catering company, Underground Catering, an artisan salami business, Underground Meats, and we've just opened our second restaurant Forequarter, located on the near-east side of Madison (we lost our first, the Underground Kitchen, in a fire in June 2011). We cook as a collective, which means we don't have a head chef or owner. Rather, we work together, drawing on our diverse set of experiences, training, and talents to produce food that's better than any one of us could do alone.